<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A banned book guerilla 

Is it OK to run an illegal library from my locker at school? That question was raised* in an internet discussion forum by an US school student who circulated books banned in her school (such as 'The Catcher In the Rye'; 'The Canterbury Tales'; 'Animal Farm'; and 'Catch-22' **).

The original YAHOO query and some responses can be accessed here.

Wonder if I would have had the guts at her age?

*of course the inner cynic in me says no school could be as stupid as the one described here so is this all a bit of fiction to put US Catholic schools in a bad light? But assuming the existance of the school as described I hope there really is at least one student with this courage.

** some of the other books on the list I really should have read myself...

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com